Friday, June 25, 2010

branching out to find out who I am




Ever since I took my certification exam my school text books have been put away. I have been brancing out and trying to find different talents or hobbies that can fill the time in my days. The time that used to be spent on studying.


I started making jewerly a few weeks ago and have instantly fallen in love with it. I have talked to many different people who have said the same thing, once they started they just fell deeply in love with it. It really is a great stress reliever as well. I do have my jewerly posted on etsy.com. I told my husband that if I don't sell any pieces that it is ok.. because I have some amazing pieces of jewerly to wear!


I have also started to take up reading. I hated reading in middle school/high school. It was just such a chore. Now that I am able to pick what I want to read it is so much more fun. I have really enjoyed reading Jodi Picoult. I have a number of her books and once I start it is really hard to put them down. I find myself staying up late to finish the book. I have a few different authors I am trying to read through as well, but Jodi really seems to be my favorite.
One last thing.. I seem to be really enjoying photography too. I have to take pictures of my jewerly to post them online and I am having fun taking different shots, with different views, lighting and such. It may be something that down the road I may try to work on a little more in depth.
It is so fun when you can put away text books and work on being you. For so long I have been "Jackie the student", "Jackie the mom", "Jackie the wife". I am learning how to be Jackie.. just Jackie.


No comments:

Post a Comment